Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We've been so busy this past week! The weather today has forced us indoors.  This gives me more time to catch up.  I got a little behind on the cleaning schedule because of all the warm weather days.  That's okay.  It's more of a guide than anything. Today I'll catch up.


Last night we met some of Josh's work people at The Drover.  It's famous for the Omaha Steaks.  Josh was very excited about the dinner and I have to admit I was too even though I don't like steak.  It was a very strange place to eat.  The lighting was so low, I felt like we were in a dungeon.   I asked for a highchair for Alexis and all they had was a booster seat.  I tried to enjoy my salad while holding our squirming baby.  Finally I decided she would be okay sitting on the floor.  She lasted maybe five minutes down there playing with the toys that she could hardly see.  We were the youngest by two decades.  Josh said the steak was amazing-The best he's ever eaten.  It should be for the price!  It's safe to say we won't be going back with Alexis.  They made it pretty clear babies are not welcome!

Nurse Carol made a visit to our house today.  Alexis is 17 1/2 pounds!  Wow!  She's getting so big to be approaching seven months.  I think I'm almost ready for her to drop the middle of the night feeding.  Baby steps!   She's officially done with the pacifier.  I may end up giving it back next month when we fly to NC.  We'll see how the sippy cup is coming along.  If she's doing well with that, I can have her drink out of it during take off and landing.  I am going to dilute a bit of juice in the cup to get her motivated to drink.
The most recent food introduction is prunes.  So far, Lexie hates them.  She puckers her face up and shakes her head.  It's pretty funny :)
I've added some more signs:
Outside, Inside, fish, bird, and walk.
She still only does "all done".  We'll keep working!!!

I finished the Mem Fox book about reading with children.  It's always full of good reminders for me.  I'll read it again in a year or so.  Now I'm reading the book There Are No Children Here by Alex Kotlowitz.  It's about two boys who grow up in a Chicago housing project.  I don't know why, but I am drawn to stories like this.  True stories about urban poverty.  Weird.  It's so far from how I grew up.  Thank God for that.  Seriously.

Here are some pictures from our week:


$1.26 HyVee

A St. Patrick's Day walk with Daddy

Learning about animals

Cute chicks!

On the porch-Outside!!!

Playing in the living room

Which toy should I pick?

2 comments:

  1. Next time drop your kiddo off here and enjoy a night out just the two of you. :o) We haven't had a good Omaha steak, yet. The picture of the chick on top of the guinea pig cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the steak rest. You might be right about the aversion to babies, Ha. I would like to try one of those steaks tho. Maybe order one and eat it in my will lighted but humble kitchen. I'm so sorry to hear that our dimpled darling is sick. I'll be praying for her complete and rapid recovery. See ya soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete