Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another day at the Rizzer house

It is 10 am and so far Alexis and I have been very productive.  The grocery shopping is done, the mail has been mailed, dinner is cooking in the crockpot, the kitchen is clean, the sheets have been changed, the laundry is washing, and Alexis is putting herself to sleep.  The bad news is I don't look pretty.


This is not the norm at our house.  Normally by this time I am trying to drag us out of the house to begin whatever we have planned on the list.


The reason for this productive day is a phone call I received from ADT at 6:15 am.  They have our phone number mixed up with our tenants number and apparently the security alarm was going off.  Hope it was nothing serious, I will call her later today to check.


Today may inspire me to get up early everyday.  Then again, maybe not.  I kinda like staying in bed until the seven o'clock hour.


Getting back to the subject of Alexis putting herself to sleep.  I have decided that it's time to begin the process of ditching the paci.  She's not really attached to it anyway and prefers to scream herself to sleep.  I don't want her to rely on it much longer because I don't want to encourage the attachment.  As a newborn she needed it, I don't think she does anymore.  We only use it to put her back to sleep or when we're out and want her to be quiet.  Seems easy enough...I'll let ya know how it goes.


Here's another quote from the Mem Fox book on reading:
Page 17-

"...experts tell us that children need o hear a thousand stories read aloud before they begin to learn to read for themselves.  A thousand!  That sounds daunting.  But when we do the sums, it isn't as bad as we might think.  Three stories a day will deliver us a thousand stories in one year alone, let alone in the four or five years prior to school.  The ideal three stories a day are one favorite, one familiar, and one new, but the same book three times is also fine."


The objectives for Alexis today:
2 long and peaceful naps
Practice sitting up in three-five minute increments 
20 minutes of tummy time 
Read three books
Be kind to the ladies at the YMCA


Any other ideas for what a six month old could work on are appreciated.


One More Thing...
Happy Birthday to our good friend, Evelynn, who is one year old today.  We can't wait to celebrate with you next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Thanks for the birthday wishes, I'll pass them on!
    And getting up early is overrated, seven is late for you?? You are my hero!
    And more goals for you is signing and eating all of her food!
    Love ya guys!

    ReplyDelete