Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This Weekend


We began our weekend with a quiet Friday night at home.  Skipping small group was the best idea because Lexie was still recovering from being sick.  Josh and I finished watching the series Jericho.  It's too bad the show only went two seasons.  Probably good for our marriage, though.  All we did for two weeks straight is watch Jericho.  Tonight the TV will be moved out of our bedroom.  I'm sure it will return next winter.

Saturday was a big work day!  My favorite kind of day. Not so much for Josh who was busy hanging things on the walls, submitting our taxes, and revising the budget.  Once the work was done we headed over to Kelley and Wade's house to have a play date with their little boy.  
Workin' on my crawling skills
Playing together
Sunday we found these great deals at a local consignment sale.  I'm thinking of going back on Saturday for their 1/2 price day.  The leap frog toy was my favorite find. $3!!!  And Lexie LOVES it.  She can roll the ball herself and when she does it sings her very favorite song-The ABC's.  The ball also sings a variety of other songs and tells the letter sounds.  A great educational toy.  We also have the fridge magnet set from Leap Frog, which I highly recommend to all parents with children 0-4.  












Still couponing!  15.68 at Target.  The Jello Mousse Chocolate Mint is AMAZING and it's only 2 Weight Watcher points.  The baby socks were free along with some other items below.



We are STILL living through this weather.  I really want to move.  Everyday.  BUT, I have a lot to be thankful for.  This time last year we had no idea where we would live.  It could have been anywhere in the US.  So I prayed that wherever we were sent that God would go ahead and set up a community for us.  Amazingly he did that.  I had a mom friend a week after arriving. A month later, Alexis was born and we had two weeks worth of meals being delivered to our house.  Two months in, I was introduced to another mom through our house nurse.  We got connected with our church once Alexis was old enough and we know lots of people there.   The Lord answered a year long prayer.  That's pretty cool. Of all the places to live the Midwest is not the worst. 


1 comment:

  1. Is your girlie feeling better? Missed seeing you on Sunday. :o)

    ReplyDelete