Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Friday, March 11, 2011

A beautiful day in the Midwest

The sun is out, birds are chirping, and my favorite part it's 62 degrees!   This morning Alexis and I went to MOPS for their annual MOPS swap.  A brilliant idea.  I took 20 items in and walked out with 15 new (to me) items.  I got five toys for Alexis, three outfits, three pairs of baby shoes, a baby book, a bag, and two shirts for me!  

The presenter at MOPS today spoke on family travels.  She said in the last 16 1/2 years their family has gone on 85 trips. Wow! That's a lot!  She gave lots of good tips on preparing for the trip.  Her family loves traveling to Disney and they DRIVE.  24 hours.  I don't think I could ever do that.  Especially with children.
 
Last night our table group met for dinner.  It was a much needed break!  I returned to a peacefully sleeping baby.  Josh worked his daddy magic and got her down for the night.  I didn't expect that he was going to do that, and, to be honest, I thought I was the only one who could put her to sleep at night without a fit.  I see many more nights out in my future!!!   

The cleaning schedule is coming along nicely.  In addition to the daily tasks, I have dusting and vacuuming on the list today.  My favorite part about the schedule is I don't feel guilty for not cleaning all day.  I just do what's on the list and I'm done for the day.  Freedom is what I feel :)  So far, I highly recommend it.  

Josh would like me to tell the world that he can bench 300 pounds.  In high school this was his life long weight lifting goal...and he reached it! I think that's pretty exciting.  Of course, the goal is higher now.  I think 315, and he wants to be able to dunk a basketball in 40 weeks.  Thankfully, these goals can be accomplished at work and don't interfere with our family time.

I would like to know why Alexis is determined to take all of her naps on her belly.  It gets on my nerves because it's bad for her neck and I have to keep checking that she can still breath.  At least she's sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Great news!! He get this all done @ work????
    I loved sleeping on my stomach when a child but I know not considered safe now. Maybe when they are older tho????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parker loves her belly too.... maybe its a phase?

    ReplyDelete