Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cinderella, Cinderella

Last night I decided that I spend too much time cleaning and thinking about what needs to be cleaned.  Today I began a daily/weekly schedule.  I love schedules, routines, and lists (especially completed ones).  I'm hoping by following this schedule I'll have more time to be with Alexis.

Here's a confession.  Our kitchen has not been deep cleaned since the house cleaners were here at the end of August.  Don't judge me-I just had a baby!
It took me two hours to clean the kitchen this morning.  The whole time I was screaming things like  "How disgusting!" and "I can't belive this is my house!"  I discovered that those pampered chef scrapers are great for scraping off old crusty food in the microwave.

Tomorrow I have to deep clean the master bathroom.  

Reading with Alexis...
Her favorite book is How to Build a Snowman It's a tactile board book for ages 0-3.  She loves to feel everything and eat the pages.  I got the book at Dunwoody Methodist's book sale while I was pregnant.  It's very appropriate for where we live.  I can't wait til we can make a snowman outside just like the one in the book!

Mem Fox says:
"Children who are read to early and regularly quickly acquire the skill of listening and the desire to hear stories.  They understand the immense pleasures waiting for them in books and develop the ability to concentrate and relax."

I wonder what age they begin to concentrate and relax?

Singing to Alexis...
It's the only way we can get her dressed for bed at night.  We sing a variety of songs.  Her favorite is the ABC song.  I don't know why, but her face just lights up every time we sing it!


Here are some pictures of our fun this week:


Mom likes to see me in my big girl clothes
Target $27.08
Original Price $68.21

Helping Mommy put my soap away
Crustless Quiche
Enjoying my mobile.  It'll be gone soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to think what you will be scraping out of your bathroom :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, girl, are an inspiration! the Pampered Chef scrapers are multi tools for sure. I put a bowl of water in the micro and squirt some kind of cleaner on sides etc. then turn on for a couple minutes to loosen stuff.
    Be careful wishing for snowbuilding weather Jen. by the way, good job @ MOPS.

    ReplyDelete