Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A New Activity

Two and a half weeks ago Alexis and I began an early form of homeschooling.  I knew she was ready to start learning formally because she has responded well to other "little projects" we have done together.  I'd been looking into a couple different options, read a lot of reviews online, and finally came across this free curriculum! 

http://www.letteroftheweek.com/index.html

It is wonderfully simple!  Each week we have a theme, vocab word, letter, number, nursery rhyme and shape or color.  We sit at the table sometime after nap but before Josh gets home and "do a ittle project"  (Lexie doesn't say the "l" sound yet- it's so cute)  I love the structure it brings to the day and I really love that it keeps her mind busy and her body out of trouble.  Most of all I love teaching! 

I've also got her working on the scripture memory from church.  I had high hopes of one verse a week, then decided to stick with one every two weeks.  She knows "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord Almighty.  The whole earth is full of His glory."  There are signs that help her remember- She knows she so cute doing it and always claps at the end and says "Good Job exie!"  She doesn't get what it means right now, but I know she'll remember it when she's older. 

I didn't take pictures of the first trial week themed-Cows.  Here are some from our second week- the Jungle:

Lexie's a monkey!

Which B is big?  Which B is little?

Helps us remember what to do.

An art project and the number book we are creating together.  Lexie helps me color the dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment