Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Alexis Kate's Story- Part Eight

What I'm about to say is going to sound really dramatic...

The best part of each day alone was first thing in the morning when I woke up and knew I was alive. 

We lived in Sandy Springs, GA between a really dangerous neighborhood and a very wealthy neighborhood.  The SUV had been broken into a year prior, so naturally, one of my biggest fears was someone breaking in the house.

Our ultra-sensitive security system gave me some relief, although, once I knew someone was in the house I had just two options. One was to shoot them with a very long gun I knew nothing about. The other was to jump out the bedroom window. I didn't like either one.

This is what I thought about before bed each night.  Many nights I prayed myself to sleep.  I was so happy to see the morning light on Sunday April 11th.  I had survived my first night of many alone!!

The next couple of weeks were busy as I had planned.  I was juggling work (I just add that for dramatic effect.  I looked forward to nearly every day of work), getting the dog out of the house for all the house viewings, and surprise!  Another repair on the SUV. 

 This repair would be yet another costly one to the tune of $2600.00.  Yes I typed that correctly.  A new transmission.  We were planning to use some of the sale of the motorcycle to pay for it, but another surprise.  The buyer shows up to test drive the bike with cash in hand and it won't start!  And Josh is not there. No Sale. Frustration!    

 So the repair comes out of our used-to-be plentiful savings account.  And I begin to see how God is working now.  Money is important to me and he is taking away part of the financial security we had built.  Teaching me to trust in Him. 

Knowing there would be no way for Josh to attend anymore doctor appointments, I invited my Mom and Mother in Law to the big one.  This previous post will give you the details of the 20 week appointment

http://mrsrizzer.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-year-ago-today.html

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment