Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Alexis Kate's Story- Part Six

The weather was warming up and I felt as good as a pregnant girl could feel.
I began to schedule all the things I should have been keeping up with while I was in hibernation...hair, nail, and waxing appointments, weekly massages, vaccine and bath appointments for William, a meeting with our accountant, ordering invites for a baby shower, purchasing late b-day gifts...and the list goes on.  I have to take a minute to tell you how simple our life now seems in comparison to that list!

I felt great.  Accomplishing all these things made me feel even better.  There was the nagging thought that it's now March, the baby is due in September, and we still don't know what the heck our lives will look like.

I had my moments of freaking out.  I would call Josh and tell him things he already knew.  (You have to go through FIVE months of training.  You DON'T even have a training date!  We're having a BABY in September) I would beg him for things that were out of his control.  And then I'd go back to what God tells us about difficult situations:


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

It's true that when I took all of this to God his peace would fill me and then we'd repeat the entire process.  Crazy, I know.  We probably repeated this 10-15 times throughout, but I learned a lot, and isn't it about the journey anyway?

The glorious day of relief came sometime in late March around my 16th week.
Cheyenne and I were supervising an Easter Egg Hunt themed playdate out on the back porch.  I got the call from Josh checking to see if April 11th was a good day for him to begin training.  YES, Yes!  You're KIDDING?!?!? You're not?  Yes!!!!!!  I was excited to know a little of what was to come.  Five months of training beginning at April 11th meant a return date of August 31st.  I thought-"O, MY, GOSH.  God are you serious?!?!?  You're bringing Josh back just in time!"

Then I began to process through the fact that he would be gone through the end of the pregnancy and I would be left with a huge responsibility of selling our first house, moving us, and whatever else came up.

Thankfully, my two pre-marriage/post-college years had prepared me to handle life without a man.  Please don't get me wrong-  I love Josh and most defiantly prefer to have his guidance, help, and humor.  All I'm saying is- I felt prepared and confidence can take a person pretty far.

To Be Continued....




4 comments:

  1. I stopped by your blog today. My daughter is pregnant also. I hope all goes well for you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Actually, Alexis was born a year ago tomorrow. I had a goal to get her birth story written before she turned a year old. Looks like I have a lot of work to do :)
    Congrats to your daughter...and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, you are down right intimidating. Now if I can transform that to inspiration.........so glad my son was wise enough to marry you.
    Ann: I went to your blog and as soon as I have traveled to Omaha to be @ Alexis BD celebration will be sampling some of your tidbits. May God bless and keep your family throughout this exciting and expectant time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep spelling definitely wrong! One day I will memorize that one :)

    ReplyDelete