Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Alexis Kate's Story- Part Seven

At almost 18 weeks pregnant I got in the car with Josh ready to drive eight hours to Wilmington, NC for Kate (my sister) and Jason's wedding.   Thankfully, that gave us plenty of uninterrupted to plan our last week together and process through what was happening. 

The house and motorcycle needed to be sold and Josh's Honda needed a LOT of work before the 12 hour journey to VA.  Those were the most immediate issues. 

Then there was the thought that we'd be apart for five months.  I would tell myself- "It's only five months"  and then think- I better keep myself really busy! 

We participated in a busy, fun wedding weekend.  On Easter Sunday we began our journey back to Altanta for our last week together there. 

I blocked that week out of my memory.  Looking back at the calendar I see that it was Kristen's spring break but other than that it's blank and I do not remember what was happening! 

On April 10th, 2010 at 6:30 am Josh packed up the 1995 Honda civic and pulled out while Will (our dog) and I watched and waved good bye.  We would see each other in a month. In that moment I remember saying to myself- "I will not cry, I will not melt-down...not this early on"  I made a promise to myself that I was going to make at least half way and then if I needed to flip, I could. 


That day I had no time to pity myself.  I made breakfast and read my daily devotion.  It was all about Christ satisfying my deepest needs.  Good timing.  Feeling lonely already, I needed that reminder. 

In that empty-feeling house I got myself ready for the weekly prenatal massage (pretty sure that will never happen again!)  After the massage I ran, grocery shopped, decorated for the baby shower, got myself showerd again, and greeted the guests.  All that before 1pm...told you I was feeling better!!

I hosted the shower.  The shower ended.  The people left. 

Alone again.  Not, really.


To Be Continued...


1 comment:

  1. We love you, Jen. You not only coped but you did it with grace and courage and accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete