Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Thursday, April 21, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

My mother, mother-in-law, and I walked into the Dr. Office in Altanta for the 20 week appointment.  It was the day of the big ultrasound.  The Doc had already determined that it was a 90% chance our baby was a boy.  He had a high tech machine that helped him guess this at this at the 12 week appointment.
Our thoughts were...well, he guessed a boy.  That means he saw something there.  90% is pretty good.  I guess we're having a boy. 
The only person who knew better was Kristen.  Every time the baby issue was discussed she'd say- No, Jennifer, you're having a girl.
Anyway, back to the 20 week appt.  We settled into the ultrasound room.  The Grandma's so excited to see the baby on screen.  Part way through the doc asks me what he had guessed the sex to be at the 12 week.  I tell him, and he says "I'm not so sure about that, but we'll get to it at the very end".  So the rest of the ultrasound I am on pins and needles trying to get used to the idea that a girl is now a possibility. 
Finally, we are at the end. The baby is developing on track in the 50th percentile.  I have only gained 10.8 pounds so far, and YES! IT'S A GIRL!!!!  The Grandma's were laughing and screaming in delight.  The doctor leaves.  I get up and say "her name is Alexis Kate...now I have to tell Josh he's having a girl"
Later that night Josh laughed at the news and told me he wanted a girl all along.

AND THAT IS THE STORY OF THIS DAY ONE YEAR AGO. WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR OUR GIRL.

3 comments:

  1. And she is precious. You are a great mom. And I am sorry I stayed at your house so long - I hope I didn't wear out my welcome! :o) Next time you have to help me with the legos. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember it well. And I dearly love my son for his response. Yes we are so thankful for our girl and a Mom and Dad who value her and their family .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Too cute! So did you always know you would name a girl that? Do you also have a boys named picked? We had LBs name picked out since we got engaged. Not sure if you and Josh have the names too :) So glad you all are in our lives!

    ReplyDelete