Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I hear the Birds

It's amazing! There are no barking dogs to drown them out today!  I guess my chat with the neighbors worked.

Last night Josh and I filled in a map of our street in hopes that we'll learn our neighbors names and get to know them.  This is a good idea for us.  I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but, in Atlanta we had a neighbor couple who we talked to ever single day and didn't know their names.  Horrible, I know!  We joked that one day we'd get their names from the mail in their mailbox.  
We only know one neighbor lady's name so far (Sue, she's across the street)  Everyone else was named  by what we know about them:  Omaha Police Man, 911 Operator, Barky Dog People, Retired Colonel, Teacher with two kids, Other Barky dog people.
I told Josh I'd go talk to the other barky dog people in a couple of days to take care of that annoying situation-  That got vetoed.  He says this is not a "battle plan"  we're not here to "clean up the neighborhood".  I guess not.  I can be happy with what was (hopefully) accomplished yesterday.

The Mountaineer ghost is gone!  I let Lexie chew on the key fob while we were at HyVee the other day.  It ended up sticking and that caused the car to lock and unlock on it's own, day and night.  $55 is how much it cost me to keep my child quiet in the store.


Here's a picture of Lexie with her new Baby Bible.  She likes the bright pictures.  We're trying to get in the habit of reading it with her each night.  Sometimes it takes a while to establish new routines!

No comments:

Post a Comment