Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Running

Finally!!  I'm getting back into it!!! I'm really serious this time!  Josh and I are running the 7K Lucky Bucket race in the middle of May.  That would be 4.3 miles.  Lame, I know, but I've gotta start somewhere.  A 10K (6.2) was too much, a 5K (3.1) not challenging enough, but the 7K will be just right starting out.

What's really sad is the fact that I could run further at 22 weeks pregnant than I can now.  I spent Mother's day weekend with Josh in DC last year, and we ran through the monuments-over four miles in the blazing heat.  The heat alone would kill me these days.

Lexie and I get in the car around 9-10 am, I drop her off at Y-care, and head outside to the running trail.  Most days it is cloudy, very windy, and 45 degrees.  I am dressed in shorts, long sleeves, gloves, and a thick headband to cover the ears.  My cell phone is in the tiny pocket of the shorts (in case Lexie needs me) and the MP3 player in my right hand. 
I reset the GPS watch, tell God how much I miss Shiney (my friend and running partner), and take some deeeep breaths.  It's almost time!  The nerverous excitement is kicking in!
After the deeeeep breaths, I start the music, and I begin. 

Today I've got 2.5 miles on the schedule.  I will run 1.25 miles.  Then I will turn around and run back.  That should take 25 minutes. 

I'm looking forward to running in NC next week.  The weather will be much better and so will the green scenery.  By the end of next week the schedule says I'll be running 3.5 miles.  Hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment