Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Homemade

I have to tell you I'm not much of a "homemade" person. I like the idea of it, just don't really love all the hard work it takes when you can generally buy the very same thing. My ideas are beginning to change. To be honest, if I want to continue to stay home, they have to!

The past couple of weeks I've gone out of my comfort zone to make some stuff from scratch. It began with Butter and Ricotta Cheese. Carrie inspired me to get started. She came over and we worked for an hour and a half. It probably took me that much longer to clean the kitchen. The end result was tasty!

With some of the butter that we made, I made a garlic spread for our dinner tonight with all fresh ingredients. YUM!!


Sunday's lunch was breakfast for dinner. The homemade pancakes took a very long time to make. It was much more involved than the "add an egg and some milk to this premade mix". The result was tastier and more moist than the mix.


Leftover Pancake Batter
Love the apron from my sis!















While Lexie was sleeping on Sunday I decided to re-purpose a vase and some soup cans to make a homemade spring centerpiece.


Here's two out of three













This morning I am in the middle of  making homemade meatballs and sauce.  I have everything in the bowl, ready to be mixed.  Just took a break to write this and talk myself into putting my hands in the ground beef.  YUCK!

Thankful to spend my days with this happy girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment