Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Monday, April 11, 2011

Meal Planning

I'm finally going to do it!!!!!!!

Here's the plan for the week:

Sunday- Beef Roast
Monday- Baked Jerk Chicken with Salad
Tuesday- Black Beans and Rice
Wednesday- Spaghetti and Meatballs with Salad
Thursday- Soup and Grilled Cheese
Friday- Pizza and Salad
Saturday- Crust-less Quiche

I'm hoping that by meal planning I can stay in our $300 grocery budget (which has never been done)  We're pretty much consistently $50 over.  This is my last shot at it before I ask to raise the amount.  I'll give it a couple months.  Thanks to Carrie and Kelley for inspiring me!

We have a ghost in the Mountaineer.   The automatic locks keep locking.  Over and Over again.  Lexie and I will go to the mechanic today to see what the problem is.  I noticed that it began after I let Lexie chew on the keyless remote while we were in the store one day.  Thankfully, we have the little red car for emergency backup.

The neighbor dogs keep barking.  They have four tiny dogs that are out constantly.  They bark at EVERYTHING! It's on my very last nerve.  I have to talk to them today.  The plan is to tell them when Lexie sleeps (8pm-9am, 11am-1pm, 3pm-5pm) and ask if they can keep the dogs in. The truth is, it doesn't bother Lexie, but it drives me nuts!  I figure it's better to talk to them first, see if that solves the problem, and THEN call Animal control.

After being gone for the majority of the weekend and indulging in our day of rest yesterday, the house is an absolute disaster.  Living in a mess makes me a grouchy person.
The agenda for today is cleaning, paperwork, the mechanic, and the Y.  I can't wait for the day that we get a regular house cleaner back...probably 10 years into the future, but there's no harm in dreaming!

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment