Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Catch-up

I'm still alive, just busy!  Here's a "catch-up" on our last month:

  • I've been taking Alexis to the local library story time pretty consistently.  She loves it.  The teacher loves her.  She spends minimal time participating because she prefers to crawl around the room, say "hi" to her friends, climb in their strollers, and crawl out the door to chat with the big kids.  Soon we will advance to Toddler Time.
  • We went to the beach with Josh's family.  It was a wonderful change of scenery but NOT a vacation at all!  I was happy if I got 5 uninterrupted hours of sleep.  Lexie was teething, she hates sleeping away from home, and the sun was up early.  Other than that we had a blast in the house and at the pool.  I would say we had fun on the beach, but that would be a lie.  It was fun to see Lexie's reaction for the first five minutes.  Then it was just work.  And she only wanted me.  So, it was really work.  Sorry to complain here-I just feel I got jiped (is that a word?) of a vacation :) It was truly great to have the whole family together, wake up on the sound, drink fancy coffee, and watch John fall out of the kayak. I'm sure there are many other things I'm not thinking of at the moment!  Peps from the beach- feel free to add some memories here :)
  • Shadowlake shopping center has live music on Friday nights and we've gone the past two Fridays.  It's a great way to end the work week.  Alexis loves the people.  She is busy waving hi and dancing while Josh and I drink our drinks and unwind together. I wish summer would never, ever end.  I'm serious.
  • Josh and I celebrated four years of marriage together on July 21st.  Josh surprised (a couple days before the day) me with a private dance lesson,  then went to dinner.  It was fabulous.  We talked over dinner about our years together and determined that we've been much more successful than we set out to be.  Thank God for Bill and Suzanne Shaw who we stalked until they were our marriage counselors at year 1.8.     
  • My good friend Jennifer and her daughter Avery came to visit at the end of July.  Avery is a couple months older than Alexis.  They are polar opposites, but despite that, got along well.  We ate sushi, visited the zoo, story time, and the Westroads Mall play area.  Love that play area!  It was great to have them.  
  • I have found a running partner.  Emily is her name.  We're training for a 10k on Sept. 3rd.  4 miles is the challenge this week!
  • This week I'm signing Alexis up for a one morning a week Mother's morning out program.  So excited to have 3 hours of uninterrupted time to work the list.  It will start sometime in Sept.  
  • I've been on etsy.com ordering way too much for Lexie's birthday party on Labor day.  It's addicting.  It's her first party.  She doesn't care, but I do!!!  Do you know the pain I had to feel on that day?!?!?  That's what I'll tell Josh when he sees the bill :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on not wanting summer to end! Dont forget slicing your finger, unless you would rather forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O yeah! Let's forget about that one :)

    ReplyDelete