Josh and Jenn

Josh and Jenn
Est. July 21, 2007

Thursday, January 3, 2013

40 Weeks Pregnant


how far along: 40 Weeks.  1 1/2 cm dilated, 75% effaced, -2 station
 
how big is baby: The fundal measurement is 37 week.  The midwife guesses his weight at 7lbs 3 ounces.  She says he is long and in correct position for birth.
 
weight gained so far: 39lbs.  I gained 5 lbs this week!!!!!  And I am SWOLLEN!

Belly Button in or out:  Halfway in and Halfway out
 
stretch marks: No, and everyone who has seen my belly (nurses and midwife) comment on how "pretty" it is.  I got lucky there...thankfully it's winter so my swollen legs and all their veins aren't showing.
 
sleep:I get up twice every night around the same time to pee.  The rest of the night I spend flipping from one side to the next.  Lots of nights I wake up to mild cramping.

best moment of the week: Showing up at Labor and Delivery at 11pm on New Years Eve for monitoring.  I was on my way to get ice for my finger which I had burned on hot glue and in the process tripped over the dog.  It is standard procedure to get monitored for 4 hours.  My favorite part was Josh's sarcastic response to lighten the mood "I guess I should stay here so one of us can get some sleep"  Kate, my sister, thought he was serious!!!
 
food cravings:no
 
looking forward to: Getting this show on the road.  If I am still pregnant on Thursday Jan. 10th at 4:15 pm the midwife will strip my membranes.  Hopefully that will get things going.  Her advise to me today was: plan something everyday, stay busy, pretend like you'll be pregnant til he goes to kindergarten.  In other words- Forget about giving birth and having a newborn.  Easier said than done, but I will give it a shot.  
I really do believe in the natural route;  however I'm finding I was more an advocate for it at 20 weeks than I am now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment